Mixxx+ape

found this via pica+pixel blog.
"For me, music and creativity go hand and hand. I find so much inspiration through music and really can't design without it. So I was super excited to stubble across The Mixtape Club. Each month ten creatives contribute a 10 song mix tape complete with album art. The second volume online now. [Via Bitique"
I found this rather interesting because I am into this mixtape thing since i have my Sugarytape account on 8tracks. though my references on my music library hasn't been broadened out since my teenage year but i'm happy just to listen to them over and over again. Hence, you might only find music under Britpop tag on my Sugarytape. hehe.

According to the site, The Mixtape Club is an organization dedicated to the art of the mixtape. Ten people, ten tracks, ten album covers.
"A good compilation tape, like breaking up, is hard to do. You've got to kick off with a corker, to hold the attention and then you've got to up it a notch, or cool it a notch, and you can't have white music and black music together, unless the white music sounds like black music, and you can't have two tracks by the same artist side by side, unless you've done the whole thing in pairs and... oh, there are loads of rules."
Don't have a clue who the contributors behind this mixtape club and why them. But they did great job with the cover art for their own mixtape. This encourages me to redesign cover art for my Sugarytape. Here's the list of my favourite mixtape so far:
  1. Kitsune Noir Mixcast, All of his cover art are amazing. 
  2. Mixplustape, a collaboration project between Gerry Lubis and Noran Bakrie.
Do you have any other source about mixtape? drop me some link on the comment box if you wish.
cheers~

By the way, here's the mixtape i'm currently listening while writing this blog: Autumn 2009 a mix by Sara (Tegan's sister), simply because she put Blur's Sweet Song on the list. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I had no idea people had blogs like this. I've always geeked around with the idea of doing covers for mixtapes, and incorporating design and music, but I'd never thought anyone had actually done it.

    Now I kind of want to do it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! :) i'd like to hear your mixtape, and you've already had 8tracks account, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete